Saturday, February 6, 2010

1-14-10

When we went to work tonight one of the senior mechanics on day shift told me and Georgia that we needed to go steal some parts off of trucks at South Park. I said I wasn’t going to spend any time in the brig. He said word came down from DOD that we could take parts off the blown up rows. He said we should tell the MP’s that we were told by him to do it. So we waited until late to go and get them because even with permission we don’t actually have paperwork and I have no desire to be held by the MP’s while they sort it out.

Tonight my x-wife has been giving the wifey hell about the schedule. She is threatening to take this to court. It is so frustrating; she thinks that I didn’t research this to find out if I could legally do this. At best I would have to spend a bunch of money on court/lawyer costs and at worst I would have to come home early, but nothing will change. I was complaining to the guys about it and Joe told me I should go talk to JAG (judge advocate general). The guys who have been doing this a while said yeah they are free legal advice.

So after work I asked around and found out where there office is and walked down. The guys at JAG were nice but they said that because I am not military and not a DOD contractor, I am not officially eligible for their help. But we sat and talked for about 30 min about my situation, in the end he said all I can really do is wait and see if she files anything. But they did get me a power of Attorney and even gave me an oversized envelope. They were really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment