Thursday, January 21, 2010

12-24-09


The project manager came and talked to our class today, he is the guy with the final say on everything here. He seemed like a nice guy, he said he has an open door policy. Then we split up and met with our new bosses. I like my new boss too.

We went down to the shop where all the trades work out of. The plumbing shop is a 12 x 12 room with a few bins of parts. Then we got a tour of the compound and plumbing we maintain, which really isn’t that much. Then we met up with a guy who was putting showers in a shipping container, it consisted of one giant water heater and 10 shower stalls. There was one expat and two Indians working on it and he wanted the help of the three of us new plumbers. I stood and watched for ½ an hour before I told the guy I needed to go to HR and check on my luggage. I made my way to HR and there was no news on my bag and when I got back to the container there were tools everywhere but no one in sight. So I met up with the mechanics in my group, they said that I should be a mechanic and go with them to Kandahar. So I told them what my mechanic experience was and they said I should put it on a resume and take it to the project manager. So I pulled up my resume and they helped me church it up, I went to a meeting with the PM and told him what the situation was and he said ok. He told me I should take the MRAP training the next day and go with my friends to Kandahar.

No comments:

Post a Comment