Thursday, January 21, 2010

12-25-09


It’s my first day of MRAP training, I am doing pretty well. I am following what the teacher is talking about. We got out of class about 3:00 and the teacher told us to make ourselves scarce. We went back and hung out in the tent until dinner time.

The nice thing about being in such a shit hole at Christmas is that nothing about this place feels cheerful or at all like Charismas. The food is super shitty and no one really seems to care. There are some decorations up here and there, but the spirit that usually comes with the season is noticeably absent. I am growing to dislike this place.

I got to talk to the wife and the kids, it was so great. I get so happy knowing they are happy. The wifey sent me pictures of the presents under the tree, I cried for myself for a little while when I saw that. It’s so hard being away from all that; I miss the kids so very much.

(the picture is of my Christmas dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment