Wednesday, January 20, 2010

12-22-09


I woke up super early again this morning. I was so glad to get to talk to the wifey. Just knowing that I can call home has made things so much better for me. I love her so much, I really miss the kids. I am so proud of the little people they are, and I can’t wait to see the people they become.
I am really getting to like the guys I work with more and more they are cool guys and really nice.
We had classes/meetings all day, one of the things we had to do was go to property and get shirts and boots. That is fantastic! Because I still haven’t heard about my bag. Today’s classes included a lecture from the safety guy and a cultural sensitivity training. I think it’s because of all the Indians we will be working with and around. They said today that the company is trying to reach a 70% Indian work force. Mostly because they will work here for next to nothing, no one will say exactly but it’s between 20 – 30 thousand.
One of the big differences is… the toilet. They don’t sit on them because they are dirty, so they stand on them. No joke every portable outhouse has boot prints on the seat and a mess everywhere. The stench is incredible. Even the flushing toilets have signs up not to stand on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment