Friday, January 1, 2010

12-17-2009


The love shack was the closest place to get food from our hotel.

Woke up two hours after my wakeup call should have happened. Found my phone bill slipped under my door, good thing too because I was going to make a couple more calls! Went over to Starbucks and Radio Shack to get the wifey a last minute gift. I bought some comfy shoes too. I am not really looking forward to 33 hours of traveling!
I am getting to know a couple of guys and they are really nice. I think there is a comrodery between everyone. None of us are glad to be going, but we all want to make the best of it.

Plane travel kind of sucks, at least the boarding the plane part. They charge to check a bag so everybody tries to carry on and it’s such a log jam! Plus there is no fucking way a guitar is a carry on! The guy sitting next to me is from Malia Spain, he is cool. A good person to have next to you, interesting but not imposingly chatty. I got bulkhead seating, I love that!

When the pilot says winds out of the north, who does that actually mean anything to? I mean, I appreciate the heads up, but I can do shitall with that nugget of information. I wonder if I will be able to leave the airport in London. I hate that I will be there and can’t even look around. If I can I might get a cab to drive me around for an hour.
It was so nice to get to talk to the wifey for a little in Philadelphia. I really miss her already. I miss the kids too, so much! I don’t think it’s going to be possible to go see Buckingham on this trip, damn.

People will seriously eat almost anything as long as they didn’t pay for it. Really… that was the most disgusting chicken I have ever tasted. I am pretty sure there was sand in it, and everyone I could see cleaned their plates. What the eff?

No comments:

Post a Comment