Thursday, January 28, 2010

1-2-10


I went to work on the little shuttle that the shop runs. There is a whole big complex of huge shops, it’s called South Park. That is where the Tire Shop and HR are and also where they keep all the trucks that need to be worked on. Well South Park has shuttles that run to and from all the time but really on no set schedule. Well our shop is by itself over by MWR and the Boardwalk so we have our own van that someone from the shop drives over and picks everybody up from in front of the tent.

On one of my breaks I sat down to write a letter to Audrey and I felt something on my leg. I shook my leg and instead of it falling down, it went up. It was a mouse! I started yelling and cursing and knocking over chairs and pushing the table around. I was hitting my pants and stomping my feet. After the noise died down my boss came out of his office around the corner and just looked at me. I told him a mouse ran up my leg and he started laughing. He said “I thought you were whipping somebody’s ass. So I figured they must have had it coming, since you’re going to go home I might as well let you two finish it before I come out.”

About an hour later I went across the street to the toilets that flush. I took down my pants and the mouse fell out, already dead. It was kind of traumatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment