Wednesday, January 20, 2010

12-21-09

I woke up so early this morning, about 2:30 am, I am not sure how many guys I woke up trying to find my stuff so I could go and take a shower. I went to the little shack that sells stuff and bought a towel and soap and these gnarly little shower flip flops last night but I still had it in the plastic bag this morning. After the shower I went and got online in the MWR. Then I sat and watched a movie for a while, and then got back on the internet for another 20 min. I felt bad about taking two turns because even at 4:00 in the morning there is still a line, so I watched some more of another movie to kill time. You don’t get to make requests about what to watch next and there is always a movie playing so sometimes it is a pretty stupid movie. Finally 5:30 rolled around and I could go to breakfast.
Most of the day was classes, at the end of the day we took a bus tour around the base. We went to the PX and I found a shop that sells cell phones and local sim cards. There is also a place to get your haircut, a burger king, a dairy queen and a pizza hut and about a dozen little shops selling polished rocks and flags and hookah’s and local apparel. There is a north face store where I got some pants, underwear and socks. I feel so much better knowing I can call home!

No comments:

Post a Comment